As an Android Developer, you’ll be part of a lean Agile team responsible for developing several critical mobile applications including our public-facing application, Investor360°®. These products are at the heart of what we offer to our advisors and their clients. In addition to having an Agile mindset and a desire to produce great software, you’ll need a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Plan and implement mid- to large-scale projects from conception to completion
- Design and develop advanced applications for the Android platform
- Improve and implement new features while fixing issues that may arise
- Understand project requirements, elicit feedback, and refine solutions accordingly
- Optimize the existing Android code for better performance, usability, and scalability
- Write clean and reusable code, with good documentation and test scripts
- Contribute to the team standards, learning and suggesting new technologies
- Work with the UX/UI team discussing best practices for specific platforms
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to mobile development
- Understand how to adapt theory and best practices to fit the needs of the project
- Collaborate with team members on effective development practices
- Communicate with tact, professionalism, and an eye toward team progression over self-interest
- Maintain high quality standards and continuous learning
- 4+ years of programming experience in Android development (preferably Java)
- Knowledge of Android Studio, Git (and preferably TFS), including build and release definitions within a CI and CD environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Agile mindset and a desire to produce great software
- Experience using version control and project management tools
- Motivated to write quality readable code
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
Additional skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Modules, RXJava, OkHttp, build variants, Kotlin, SSO a plus
- Deep knowledge and understanding of technology software design patterns and code concepts
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn new technologies as required
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second-to-none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, North Station commuter rail shuttle service, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.