Data Engineer I
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
The Data Engineer role will be part of Advisor360°’s Engineering organization, as a member of our Data Conversions team. The primary responsibilities of this role will be creating and maintaining widespread data processes across Advisor360°’s platform. The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging modern technology and building scalable and efficient data pipelines, processes, and capabilities.
- Create, maintain, and support software and data processes
- Quickly diagnose and resolve incoming bugs
- Use modern approaches and tools to automate systems and processes
- Collaborate with team members on effective development practices, communicating with tact and professionalism
- Produce well written, efficient, and maintainable code related to data processes and presentation
- Implement, deploy, and maintain mid- to large-scale projects from conception to completion
- Develop software solutions by analyzing information needs; conferring with users; and studying systems flow, data usage, and workstream processes
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems and processes
- Document and maintain software functionality and data processes
- Create, enhance, and maintain data pipeline processes in the firm using ETL/ELT and streaming processes, always seeking ways to improve pipeline monitoring and auditing automation
- Write efficient and maintainable code including SQL stored procedures
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues in data code, processes, or sources
- Fulfill ad hoc data and reporting requests using tools including Power BI and SSRS
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Adhere to best practices and company standards around software development, SDLC, and incident remediation, including adhering to design and code review standards, documentation requirements, and Agile practices
Additional skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Azure
- ETL/ELT experience, especially using SSIS, ADF, and Databricks
- Working knowledge of Python, .NET, or PowerShell
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile/Scrum environment
- An appetite and aptitude for taking responsibility for technical decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who is eager to learn
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses. Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.