Data Engineer II
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
The Data Engineer II role is part of Advisor360°’s Engineering organization as a member of our Data Pipeline team. You will design and implement complex data pipeline, analytical, and transformation processes for data feeds. Leverage your experience with data movement processes, various data platforms, and tooling, as well as the ability to write clean, efficient code.
- Design, create, maintain, and support software and data processes
- Quickly and accurately diagnose and resolve bugs
- Use modern approaches and tools to automate systems and processes
- Collaborate with team members on effective development practices, communicating with tact and professionalism
- Produce well written, efficient, and maintainable code related to data processes and presentation
- Effectively troubleshoots data errors, data processing issues, and process performance, and work quickly to remediate them
- Adhere to internal SDLC processes including code reviews, change management processes, etc.
- Participate and drive ongoing improvement of the code base
- Develop and implement dependable automated build and deploy processes in our CI/CD environment
- Use an array of technical options to solve business problems creatively and appropriately
- Strong experience using SQL, SSIS, and/or Python to manage data processes
- Ability to create, enhance, and maintain data pipeline processes in the firm using ETL/ELT and streaming processes, seeking new ways to improve data pipeline automation
- Ability to write highly performant and maintainable code including SQL-stored procedures
- Ability to design, implement, deploy, and maintain projects from conception to completion
- Develop software solutions by analyzing information needs, studying systems flow and data usage, and conferring with users
- Effectively troubleshoot, debug, and remediate data systems and processes
- Seek to improve data processes through scalable automation
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding of software design patterns and code concepts
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical teams
- Accurately and concisely communicate information, instructions, and statuses
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile/Scrum environment
Additional skills and knowledge
- ETL/ELT experience, especially using SSIS, ADF, or Databricks
- Working knowledge of Python, .NET, or PowerShell
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft® Azure platform
- An appetite and aptitude for taking responsibility for technical decisions
- Self-starter who is eager to learn and collaborate
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses. Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.