The Data Engineer role will be part of Advisor360°’s Engineering organization, as a member of our Data Management team. The primary responsibilities of this role will be creating and technically supporting data management, quality and privacy frameworks, and processes. You will also assist in the selection, implementation, and adoption of enterprise data management tooling and integration, as well as create processes to improve overall data quality; ensure that data management and quality requirements are represented in the overall data pipeline; and implement our data privacy framework.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Responsible for the design, development, and support of data management, quality and privacy processes, frameworks, and tools
- Responsible for data and process improvement, identifying methods to enhance existing methods
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of data quality assessment, verification, and improvement practices
- Adhere to best practices in engineering and data management
- Create processes to aggregate and auto-categorize data categories
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience of 3+ years
- 3+ years of hands-on SQL and T-SQL programming skills
- 2+ years of experience in a highly regulated data environment such as financial services or healthcare
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise data management tool sets such as Collibra, Informatica, Purview, or Alation
- 2+ years of experience with data sharing through APIs in any scripting language, .Net and Python are a plus
- Strong exploratory, problem-solving, and analytical skills as related to data quality, categorization, and transformation tasks
- Experience working against datasets of varying size, type, and volume
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver high quality code using software engineering best practices including coding standard, code review, source control management, build process, testing, and operations
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility, self-direction, and a growth mindset that is open to change
Additional skills and knowledge
- Data modeling experience
- Experience with .NET, Python, or PowerShell
- Exposure to machine learning concepts for automated data categorization
- Exposure to cloud ETL products such as Azure Data Factory or Databricks
- Knowledge of laws and regulations that can impact data environments and use, such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.