As a Data Engineer, you’ll be part of a lean Agile team that’s responsible for developing several of Advisor360°’s most visible and critical web applications including our public-facing application, Investor360°®. These products are at the heart of what we offer to our advisors and their clients. In addition to having an Agile mindset and a desire to produce great software, you’ll need a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Build the schema and SQL code behind a complex suite of web-based applications
- Create custom reports within SSRS framework
- Establish workflows and transformations with SQL services
- Access and retrieve data from data sources by creating and tuning SQL queries
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist issue resolution
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it
- Make recommendations on indexing strategies
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of database design patterns and code concepts
- Work with team members to understand requirements and propose and identify data sources
- Collaborate closely with business users, analysts, and data scientists to understand data, reporting, and analytic requirements
- Propose ways to improve and standardize processes to enable new data and capability assessment and to enable pivoting to new projects
- Help explore and evaluate new technologies
- Support business analysts on data access best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience of 5+ years
- Familiar with SQL/relational databases and TFS building and releases within a CI and CD environment
- A solid understanding of relational modeling concepts and SSRS
- Knowledge of SQL Server unit test frameworks like Redgate
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver high quality code using software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to analyze data sources and provide technical solutions
- Strong exploratory and problem-solving skills to check for data quality issues
- Experience with Angular 5/Swagger/TypeScript/.NET Core, and languages such as jQuery a plus
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Selenium, or other test automation software a plus
- Ability to communicate with tact, professionalism, and an eye toward team progression
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.