In the Data Platform Architect role, you will be responsible for the road mapping and design of the infrastructure aspect of our data platform technologies: MS SQL Server Stack, Redis, Azure, Data Lake. You’ll work with the Senior Management, Product, Development, Architecture, Engineering, and Operations teams to make sure the technologies measure up to the needs of the firm. As a Data Platform Architect, you will be tasked with POC function on any new technologies as well as be a technical mentor to our engineers.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Manage architecture, design, and quality assurance of cloud platforms
- Tailor and implement product build-out methodologies, best practices, and standards
- Maintain the multi-year Data Platforms strategy and roadmap
- Work with business and IT senior leadership to ensure decisions reflect strategic long- and short-term investments that provide immediate business benefits
- Evolve a future state data infrastructure architecture that supports business priorities and objectives, meets business requirements, and satisfies customer expectations
- Oversee a governance process that reviews and monitors new solutions to ensure they comply with enterprise technology policies and standards
- Manage a team of engineers that provide direction and consultation to Project and Product teams
- Mentor and develop the Engineering team and key members of the broader IT community to enhance their architecture perspective, skills, and experience
- Manage an innovation lab that conducts proof-of-concept (POC) experiments with new and emerging technology
- Work with peers from other business units and contribute to long-term technical strategy
- Participate in leadership discussions regarding enterprise system planning activities
- Work collaboratively with vendors to provide enhancement solutions and establish a secure, effective, and efficient environment that supports multiple business subject areas
- 5+ years in technology leadership, preferably within a large IT company, financial services company, or consulting organization
- 5+ years of enterprise architecture/solution architecture experience
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Graph), automation and scripting (PowerShell, DSC, Jenkins, vRealize, Python), and Security (GDPR, SOC 2, PCI)
- Knowledge of Cloud native and hybrid models from DataLens
- Proven track record of consistent and timely delivery of high-quality products within budget
- Experience with Redis (caching) and NoSQL/object storage data technologies (HCP/HCI, etc.)
- Broad understanding of current and evolving security threats, security related technologies, and security assessment and governance processes
- Experience with Deep SQL Performance, Tuning and Optimization skills, SQL Server—SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, HA/DR technologies and methodologies, and Data ETL warehousing infrastructure
Additional skills and knowledge
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile methodology
- Demonstrated thought leadership and technology management skills
- Strong problem analysis and solution negotiation experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with remote employees and business partners
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical and architectural concepts to all audiences
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.