The Director of Planning and Strategy is a key position within the Engineering organization, filled by a trusted advisor of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who works closely with his senior leadership team to drive strategic priorities and execute daily operational activities for the Engineering department. This role is responsible for defining and/or coordinating key initiatives within the Engineering department as well as working across departments. As the Director of Planning and Strategy, you will act as a connector across the organization to break down silos and drive productivity, communication, and performance, using strong leadership and problem-solving skills to ensure priorities are being pursued and are aligned with overall business goals.
- Act as a cultural role model and serve as liaison between the CTO, his senior leadership team, and employees regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and strategic planning
- Provide "sounding board" active listening and the application of knowledge and expertise to problem solve a broad range of areas that impact engineering progress
- Operate at a strategic, operational, and tactical level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries, developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Spearhead intra- and inter-department communications including departmental meetings, draft announcements, and major program status reporting
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the Engineering department
- Define and implement recommendations on how to improve engineering execution including the product development processes and process/technology improvements
- Define, track, and report on long-term goals and operational metrics of the department
- Develop and manage the department financial budget and operating plan including assisting with actual versus budget analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Assist with schedule management for the CTO including attending meetings on his behalf if necessary
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Analyze key departmental risks
- Assist senior leadership with the people management responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree in business administration or similar field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a business or executive management role
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Extremely versatile and dedicated to efficient productivity and creative solutions
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Strong program management skills
- Strong organizational skills with an exacting attention to detail
- Ideally understanding of engineering and/or software development processes
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.