The Manager of Application Development is a leader within the software engineering functional reporting line. Development managers are aligned to one or more product areas and are the leaders of both the people and technology in that area. They are responsible for working directly with product managers to define the product roadmap, estimate the work, and deliver on it. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of both the technology platform and the business as well as demonstrate strong technical skills. The Development Manager will manage, grow, hire, retain, and build a strong engineering team and empower them to deliver a high-quality product in a timely manner.
- Assure the team is fully engaged and productive at all times by knowing the status of each project and assisting employees with prioritization
- Possess thorough visibility into projects and drive progress considering cross-functional requirements
- Effectively create and communicate the status of key initiatives across the organization
- Grow employees and build a strong team by hiring, coaching, guiding, and holding the team accountable to deliver on the business need
- Lead from the front through hands-on management practices working alongside employees, embedding coaching and feedback consistently
- Empower team members to listen, think, and then execute on day-to-day objectives considering priorities
- Perform annual performance cycle management for team members including recommending merit and bonus for employees based on goals and performance
- Implement and promote the use of standards and best practices within the area of expertise
- Help team members practice autonomy and accountability
- Consistently deliver ongoing feedback through 1:1 cycles and other mechanisms of communication
- Collaborate with other development managers to ensure best practices and strategies are being communicated consistently across functional areas
- Take initiative to drive product development forward with minimal oversight
- Drive activity from initiation to completion and take responsibility for ensuring the progress of the team
- Consider the entire ecosystem broadly and not just individual team responsibilities
- Ask questions as an excited and motivated member of the Advisor360° team
- Drive to deliver a great product to Advisor360°’s customers and users
- Operate at a granular level to understand the technical details of his/her team in order to resolve obstacles and communicate status
- Possess a team-oriented mindset
- Possess a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the complexities and needs of managing a software development team
- 10+ years of progressively broadening enterprise systems software/SaaS development leadership experience and with a strong track record of success
- Inherent knowledge of development processes and best practices to manage multiple software development projects on time and on budget
- Engineering leadership experience of a broad development portfolio of both established, mature products, as well as new and emerging products
- Proven track record of success leading development teams in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment where management of complex product requirements is a driver of success
- Experience organizing and/or reorganizing a product development function for growth into highly competitive new markets and product lines where taking advantage of strategic opportunities requires short product life cycles and flexible, adaptable architectures
- Demonstrated track record of delivering software both on premise and SaaS including the transformation of product development processes to shorten release cycles
- Proven leadership experience setting the vision and building, leading, and motivating development teams
- Deep understanding of native app development as well as front-end and back-end technologies
- The ability to build and foster a culture where the best ideas win, even when they are not yours
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.