We’re looking for a Network Security Engineer: someone who is excited to join a team of engineers responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and enhancing Advisor360°’s network while ensuring exceptional performance and reliability. The Network Security Engineer will have a modern skill set with experience in on-premises network technologies and cloud. Automation, orchestration, and integration experience is a plus. You’ll need to be a strong troubleshooter, comfortable performing recurring operational tasks, operating independently, and being judged on their output. Continuous knowledge acquisition and a thirst to understand the product we build are essential requirements for this role.
- Implement and maintain highly available network solutions across several locations
- Configure and maintain Cisco or Palo Alto network devices across our multi-site network and load balancing solutions
- Configure and maintain load balancing solutions
- Manage firewall policies
- Maintain and support our VPN infrastructure
- Responsible for wired and wireless network administration
- Perform network maintenance outside of business hours, following the company’s change management and operational procedures
- Participate in an on-call rotation, providing 24x7 response to network outages during on-call periods
- Communicate, track, and resolve network issues in a timely fashion
- Monitor the Network Operations ticket queue and respond to incidents and requests within established SLAs
- 3+ years of network engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience with various Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols, including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, SPT, and VPC
- Experience with Cisco Meraki switches and wireless
- Familiarity with QoS over WAN connections
- Experience with the Cisco Nexus line of products
- Experience with cloud solutions, particularly Microsoft Azure
- Experience working in an environment that leverages several SaaS solutions such as Office 365, Teams, and RingCentral, with experience troubleshooting VoIP and video conferencing issues at the network level
- Experience collecting and analyzing packet captures using Wireshark
- Proven ability to pay close attention to detail and follow change management procedures
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines
- Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks
Additional skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field desired
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, and PCNSA are highly desired
- Scripting and automation experience a plus
- Keen attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially with Visio diagrams and technical documentation
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.