As the Operations Manager, you’ll oversee a team responsible for enterprise monitoring and a log analytics platform based on observability concepts. These provide Advisor360° with insights into the availability, performance, and reliability of services for the end-user customer experience. You’ll work collaboratively on application development with our product and support teams, driving efforts to migrate and modernize the best industry monitoring and logging tools. You’ll also help implement a new monitoring and alerting stack utilizing leading industry technologies.
- Manage, train, hire, and develop a team of monitoring systems engineers; assign, evaluate, and set goals for the team; provide constructive feedback for performance issues
- Guide team members with technical and analytic direction
- Own and oversee all monitoring and operations tools
- Pinpoint gaps and issues; design problem solutions, including definition and collection of clear, actionable business requirements
- Identify new opportunities for increased observability across the company, working with business partners to pilot new product offerings
- Drive culture change across technology domains and support/business teams, enabling more proactive and customer/user-centric monitoring
- Manage vendor relationships and licensing agreements effectively
- Develop metrics and views for Operations Center
- Review and develop reports for trending and tracking KPIs, presenting to team and management
- Oversee project assignments and status of support ticket queue to ensure problems are corrected efficiently
- 3+ years managing engineers within the managed service industry
- Experience standardizing dashboards across the ecosystem for APM and infrastructure monitoring, including application-specific logging (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Elastic Stack, Datadog, Splunk, SentryOne, SolarWinds)
- Experience with event management platforms (ServiceNow ITOM, Netcool, HPOM, BPPM, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of service-oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc.)
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience in public and private cloud (Azure, PCF, AWS, etc.)
- Experience in CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Experience in building highly scaled, distributed, and available systems
- Deep knowledge of modern software engineering (infrastructure as code, cloud, etc.), OS systems (Windows, Linux, etc.), modern architecture (patterns 1–3), and virtualization (ESX, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages like Python, Go, Shell, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.
- A can-do attitude and sense of urgency in this high growth/fast-paced environment
- Problem solver who’s resourceful and creative, who thrives in fast-paced and ambiguous environments
- Influential with management and cross functional teams
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second-to-none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, North Station commuter rail shuttle service, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.