The Senior Data Engineer role will be part of Advisor360°’s Engineering organization, as a member of our Data Management team. The primary responsibilities of this role will be designing and implementing processes to convert and migrate data from legacy systems into Advisor360°’s platform. The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging modern technology and working toward building a scalable, malleable, and efficient process to help new clients onboard to Advisor360°’s platform.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Design, test, and execute ETL/ELT processes and procedures to convert and migrate high volumes of data across multiple domains and from various sources into the Advisor360° platform
- Design repeatable, malleable, automated, and scalable tools and processes that can be used to onboard future clients
- Ensure that data quality, integrity, and completeness are maintained or improved
- Work closely with the Data Conversion and Onboarding teams to help migrate sensitive client data, ensuring requirements are met, data is gathered and reconciled, and ultimately facilitating a smooth transition to the Advisor360° platform
- Work with ETL/ELT to facilitate the migration of data
- 2+ years of hands-on SQL experience, including writing and performance tuning stored procedures
- 2+ years of hands-on ETL/ELT experience working with tools like SSIS, Talend, Informatica, or Databricks
- Experience using APIs for data integration activities in any scripting language with preference given to Python or .NET
- Must be self-motivated and detail-orientated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong exploratory, problem-solving, and analytical skills as related to data quality, categorization, and transformation tasks
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver high-quality code using software engineering best practices including adhering to coding standard, code review, source control management, build process, testing, and operations
- Must demonstrate flexibility, self-direction, and a growth mindset that is adaptable and open to change
Additional skills and knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field
- A positive mindset
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- A team player committed to sharing information, experience, and ideas
- Can-do attitude with an enthusiasm for finding new solutions to overcome roadblocks
- Experience working in cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure) including exposure to cloud ETL/ELT tools (e.g., Azure Data Factory, Databricks) a plus
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.