As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a 6-person Agile team that’s responsible for developing several of Advisor360°’s most visible and critical web applications, including our public-facing application, Investor360°®. These products are at the heart of what we offer to our advisors and their clients. In addition to having an Agile mindset and a desire to produce great software, you’ll need a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Plan and implement mid- to large-scale projects from conception to completion
- Understand how to adapt theory and best practices to fit the needs of the project
- Deep knowledge and understanding of technology software design patterns and code concepts
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, code comments, and clear code
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Show an appetite and aptitude for taking responsibility for technical decisions
- Assist with the direction for the team
- Collaborate with team members on effective development practices and communicate with tact, professionalism, and an eye toward team progression
- 5+ years of programming experience in ASP.NET (C# or VB.NET), including MVC and Web API
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle: conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing, documentation, delivery, and maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of Angular5/NPM/Swagger/TypeScript/.NET Core, or related technologies, along with client-side frameworks and languages, such as jQuery
- Proficiency in SQL/relational databases and TFS including building and release definitions within a CI and CD environment
Additional skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Azure platform a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- An Agile mindset and a desire to produce great software
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second-to-none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, North Station commuter rail shuttle service, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.