We’re looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join our team: someone who can design, implement, and ensure exceptional performance and reliability from Advisor360°’s SaaS platform systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will have modern skill sets tied to on-premises technologies, cloud, and all things automation. This role will report to the Director of Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and you’ll be working within the tenant infrastructure engineering pod. The Tenant Infrastructure team is at the epicenter of our company’s innovation, as all projects worked on are tied to our SaaS product. You’ll need to be a creative thinker, somebody who doesn’t need to be micromanaged and is comfortable being judged on their output. The chosen candidate will join a team working in an Agile model with 2-week sprint delivery cycles. Continuous knowledge acquisition and a thirst to understand the product we build are essential requirements for this role.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Be the lead engineer on many projects related to providing Advisor360°'s customers with the latest technologies
- Serve as technical lead on large-scale enterprise and customer-facing projects
- Work closely with Architecture, Application, Network, Operations, and InfoSec teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the architected designs
- Develop, implement, and test data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures
- Write and maintain clear, concise code, documentation, runbooks, and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams
- Evaluate existing infrastructure and applications running within our IT environments to ensure proper automation of operations and optimization
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test, and production environments
- Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers
- Provide best practices for building secure and reliable applications on all IT platforms
- Fluent in Active Directory management (design and administration), preferably with multiple Active Directory forests (multiple domain trust models)
- Strong hands-on use of PowerShell, DSC, Terraform; working with on-premises automation tools like VMware (vRA a plus); previous IaC experience required
- 8+ years of deep expertise in on-premises architecture with a focus on VMware and Microsoft technologies
- Experience working in a production cloud like Azure
- Experience with/understanding of identity and authorization services such as AD Federation Services, Azure AD, PingFederate, Okta
- Deep understanding of systems and network security components such as firewalling, load balancers, TLS encryption, SSL certificates, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile process using tools like Jira, Bitbucket, or product equivalents
- Deep understanding of IIS
- Ability to understand and document application traffic patterns
Additional skills and knowledge
- Previous experience as a software engineer a plus
- Previous experience working in a SaaS company a plus
- Passion for technology
- Willingness to embrace new patterns, trends, methods
- Automation and DevOps mindset
- Ability to adjust and adapt to evolving needs of a product
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.