As a Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a lean Agile team that’s on the cutting edge of technology, responsible for developing several of Advisor360°’s most visible and critical web applications including our public-facing application, Investor360°®. These products are at the heart of what we offer to our advisors and their clients. In addition to having an Agile mindset and a desire to produce great software, you’ll need a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Plan and implement mid- to large-scale projects from conception to completion
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Understand how to adapt theory and best practices to fit the needs of the project
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of software design patterns and code concepts
- Collaborate with team members on effective development practices, communicating with tact, professionalism, and an eye toward team progression
- Show an appetite and aptitude for taking responsibility for technical decisions
- BS or Master’s in computer science, computer engineering, electronics, or related field
- 1+ year of internship experience programming in relevant technologies: ASP.NET (C# or VB.NET), including MVC and Web API
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of Angular 5/NPM/Swagger/TypeScript/.NET Core, or related technologies, along with client-side frameworks and languages, such as jQuery
- Proficiency in SQL and relational databases
Additional skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Azure platform a plus
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Selenium, or other test automation software a plus
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks like xUnit, NUnit, or MSTest
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.