We are looking for a Storage Engineer with the technical skills to design and administer our enterprise storage systems. As Storage Engineer, you will ensure all underlying SAN storage is configured and performing optimally to meet specific application and business function needs. This role is involved in capacity reviews and provides metric data to management to ensure systems are performing optimally and Advisor360°'s capacity needs are met, managing a multi-petabyte, multiple datacenter deployment of best-in-class storage systems. The ideal candidate will be the expert on our storage environment and provide guidance to the development, systems engineering, and database operations teams.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Be the lead engineer on many projects related to architecting and modifying storage infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Work closely with operational resources to ensure business continuity of mission critical applications
- Provide expertise to business users to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business requirements of our enterprise storage systems
- Develop, implement, and test DR backup procedures
- Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks, and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams related to storage systems
- Educate/mentor other systems engineers
- Expertise in on premise architecture with a focus on enterprise-class storage, Hitachi VSP class storage strongly preferred
- Expertise in managing Fibre Channel via Brocade director class switches
- Experience in managing an enterprise-class backup system such as Commvault
- Experience in managing large-scale file, block, and object storage via NAS, SMB, NFS, Fibre Channel
- Experience with both physical server and virtual workloads running on VMware
- Understanding of storage needs for SQL clustering on both physical and virtual platforms
- Knowledge of ITSM principles such as Incident, Problem, and Change Management, and usage of ITIL-based tools, focusing on ServiceNow
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple and complex technical projects with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed
- Current with industry trends, IT ops, and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement
Additional skills and knowledge
- Experience with object-based storage, preferably Hitachi Content Platform
- Experience with Zerto disaster recovery solutions
- VMware VCP or equivalent experience a plus
- Storage experience with Hybrid Cloud Storage Tiering (Azure) a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and development practices a plus
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.