We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineering Manager to lead Advisor360°’s Systems Operations team. This position plays a critical role in the management of the team responsible for the configuration, management, security, and orchestration of systems providing the infrastructure of Advisor360°’s SaaS product. You must be able to balance technical depth, planning, solving problems, collaboration, execution, supervision, leadership, and customer focus.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Lead, manage, mentor, and develop a team of high-performing systems engineers
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Define, plan, and execute upon the systems roadmap and legacy migration path
- Establish “SMART” goals and communicate effectively to ensure alignment with team and company
- Plan and prioritize work for the team with input from partnering groups, Engineering, QA, and Architecture
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Establish, report, and communicate service levels using industry best practices
- Conduct formal and informal performance reviews and career development discussions
- Prepare presentations and written communication for various stakeholders
- 5+ years of technical leadership and management experience
- Engineer or technical manager in a software startup preferred
- Hands-on experience with managing, implementation, design, monitoring, and troubleshooting in large-scale distributed systems and networks
- Strong experience with teams developing applications to scale in both physical and cloud environments
- Strong experience with virtualization and containerization
- Experience and understanding to drive effectiveness and efficiency through automation and infrastructure-as-code (e.g., Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience required with Windows, Linux, Azure, Active Directory, VMware, SAN/disk technologies, MS SQL, and networking
- Experience with redundancy, disaster recovery, and backup
- Solid knowledge of networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience managing data centers’ power, space, cabling, and audit controls
- Manager-level experience with agile (Scrum or Kanban) teams
Additional skills and knowledge
- Leadership, management, and strategic thinking skills
- Embrace ambiguity and change, helping others to adapt and remain productive
- Strong customer focus in service operations ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Approach obstacles proactively (looking for ways to resolve problems) and accountable for results
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.