As Systems Operations Engineer at Advisor360°, you will be responsible for the support of our core systems and processes. This position focuses on implementing, supporting, and monitoring the best-in-class technologies that comprise our SaaS offering. Using a DevOps/SRE mindset, this position will be an integral part of our growing team in ensuring technology best practices and innovative automation that will enable scalable and highly reliable systems.
Additional skills and knowledge
- Implement, maintain, monitor, and support the infrastructure and system environments
- Systematically design, implement, and troubleshoot with a DevOps mindset
- Diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software, and connectivity problems
- Provide subject matter expertise around enhancements and support of systems
- Develop scripted solutions and automation to improve on performance, reliability, and scalability
- Assist in development of new alert and monitoring techniques
- Create documentation, runbooks, and operational standards with a focus on automation
- 3+ years’ experience in a systems operation, with a focus on SRE and/or DevOps life cycles
- 3+ years’ experience with modern web-scale systems
- 3+ years’ experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Strong experience with Windows-based infrastructures and Windows system management
- Experience with Cloud implementations such as AWS, Azure
- Experience with disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Experience with monitoring tools to identify potential failures and support forensic investigation
- Experience with security and vulnerability systems such as SCCM/Nessus
- Knowledge of ITSM principles such as Incident, Problem, and Change Management, and usage of ITIL-based tools, focusing on ServiceNow
- Exposure to Agile software development practices as well as planning and management tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple and complex technical projects with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed
- Current with industry trends, IT ops, and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement
Additional skills and knowledge
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Azure Dev Ops or Jenkins
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, and Terraform
- Experience managing SAN- and NAS-based storage arrays
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructure and Linux administration
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.