Data Platform Architect
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
In the Data Platform Architect role, you will be responsible for the road mapping and design of the infrastructure aspects of our data platform technologies: MS SQL Server Stack, Redis, Azure, and Data Lake. You’ll work with the senior management, product, development, architecture, engineering, and operations teams to make sure technologies measure up to the needs of the firm. As a Data Platform Architect, you will be tasked with POC function on any new technologies and be a technical mentor to our engineers..
- Manage architecture, design, and quality assurance of cloud platforms
- Tailor and implement product build-out methodologies, best practices, and standards
- Maintain the multi-year data platforms strategy and roadmap
- Work with business and IT senior leadership to ensure decisions reflecting strategic long- and short-term investments provide immediate business benefits
- Evolve a future-state data infrastructure architecture that supports business priorities and objectives, meets business requirements, and satisfies customer expectations
- Oversee a governance process that reviews and monitors new solutions to ensure they comply with enterprise technology policies and standards
- Manage a team of engineers that provide direction and consultation to project and product teams
- Mentor and develop the engineering team and key members of the broader IT community to enhance their architecture perspective, skills, and experience
- Work with peers from other business units and contribute to long-term technical strategy
- Participate in leadership discussions regarding enterprise system planning activities
- Work collaboratively with vendors to provide enhancement solutions and establish a secure, effective, and efficient environment that supports multiple business subject areas
- 5+ years in technology leadership, preferably within a large IT company, financial services company, or consulting organization
- Designed and developed database pipelines deploying on-prem and cloud
- 5+ years of enterprise architecture/solution architecture experience
- Proven experience transitioning large on-premises databases to the cloud
- Broad experience with multiple database cloud providers
- Experience building out on-premises and cloud technologies using an IAC approach
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Graph), automation and scripting (PowerShell, DSC, Jenkins, vRealize, Python), and Security (GDPR, SOC 2, PCI)
- Knowledge of cloud-native and hybrid models from DataLens
- Proven track record of consistent and timely delivery of high-quality products within budget
- Experience with Redis (caching) and NoSQL/object storage data technologies (HCP/HCI, etc.)
- Broad understanding of current and evolving security threats, security-related technologies, and security assessment and governance processes
- Experience with Deep SQL Performance, Tuning and Optimization skills, SQL Server—SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, HA/DR technologies and methodologies, and Data ETL warehousing infrastructure
Additional skills and knowledge
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile methodology
- Demonstrated thought leadership and technology management skills
- Strong problem analysis and solution negotiation experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with remote employees and business partners
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical and architectural concepts to all audiences
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses. Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.