Manager, UX Design
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
Our User Experience team is expanding, and we are looking to hire a Manager, UX Design to oversee design strategy, UX research, and UX design, partnering with the UX Creative Director to help lead the user experience for all Advisor360° products. This role ensures the team creates strategic solutions that consistently and professionally reflect the Advisor360° brand and promise. The ideal candidate will develop individual team members’ technical skills, professional techniques, training needs, and professional growth.
- Manage, coach, and mentor the UX Design team, comprised of strategists, a researcher, and UX designers, providing ongoing feedback to help them strengthen their design and usability techniques and develop their business consulting, communication, and presentation skills
- Ensure that distinctive and results-driven digital solutions are created, meeting the company’s strategic objectives
- Oversee the processes and tools the team utilizes for their day-to-day activities
- Help the team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs, research, and strategy are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery
- Partner with the UX Creative Director in shepherding compelling user experiences from low fidelity wireframe stages through high fidelity visuals leveraging Advisor360° design standards
- Work with the whole User Experience team to define and help grow, nurture, and promote our scalable design system
- Work across departments to understand product potential and limitations to help shape current and future feature development
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams, performing direct reports, and producing project deliverables
- 8+ years’ industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role
- 5+ years’ experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and stakeholders for implementation of designs
- An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables is required to apply for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-centered design (HCD) or human-computer interaction (HCI), or commensurate experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Proven experience implementing interface patterns for mobile/web products and developing design systems to serve a broader ecosystem of products
- Experience managing 6+ direct reports
- Previous experience working for SaaS company preferred
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses. Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.