Senior Network Security Engineer
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Network Security Engineer to join our team; someone who can design, implement, and ensure exceptional performance and reliability from Advisor360°’s network. The Senior Network Security Engineer will have modern skill sets tied to on-premises technologies, cloud, automation, orchestration, and integrations. This role will report to the Manager of Network and Security Engineering. You’ll need to be a creative thinker, somebody who doesn’t need to be micromanaged and is comfortable being judged on their output. The chosen candidate will join a team working in an agile model with 2-week sprint delivery cycles. Continuous knowledge acquisition and a thirst to understand the product we build are essential requirements for this role.
- Plan, design, implement, monitor, and maintain the operational health of network and communication services throughout all environments includes, but is not limited to:
- Load balancing, application delivery, content distribution, and traffic management for web applications on-prem and in the cloud
- Routing, switching, firewalls, and intrusion prevention
- Wired and wireless access
- Remote access and site-to-site VPNs
- Voice, data, and videoconferencing services
- Virtualized infrastructure
- Network monitoring, logging, capture, analysis, and reporting
- Install, configure, and support networking and security equipment from a wide range of industry-leading vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Check Point, Palo Alto
- Interface with other IT leaders as the expert networking resource to assess, recommend, project plan, and implement network solutions in support of business initiatives
- Proactively monitor and report on overall network service performance and take action to correct deficiencies in monitoring and controlling the quality of individual network services
- Create and maintain technical documentation including network design diagrams, operational procedures, knowledgebase documents, disaster recovery plans, and training documentation
- Present technical designs, solutions, network health, and purchase proposals to an audience of varying technical knowledge
- Act as the project lead for complex network engineering initiatives
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and provides highest level escalation expertise for network operations trouble resolution
- Ensure that information security systems are operational, secure, and functioning as expected
- Stay abreast of new network technologies and how it may impact Advisor360° enterprise infrastructure
- Build and manage automation frameworks for repeatable tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience with network hardware (routers, firewalls, switches, modules)
- Subject matter expertise with routing protocols, VPN encryption technologies, modern switching platforms, and firewalls including policy implementation and capacity management
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of infrastructure components (VMware, load balancers, VOIP)
- Capabilities with supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting various security platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a high degree of self-sufficiency, ownership, and pride of deliverables
- Experience with designing, monitoring, and maintaining customer-facing production services with carrier-grade reliability
- Experience with low-level infrastructure testing and troubleshooting tools including packet capture devices, network equipment debug and diagnostics (Wireshark, NetFlow)
- Familiarity with Azure is preferable
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses. Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.