Senior Network Engineer (NGINX)
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join our team: someone who can design, implement, and ensure exceptional performance and reliability from Advisor360°’s network. The Senior Network Engineer will have modern skill sets tied to on-premises technologies, cloud, automation, orchestration, and integrations. This role will report to the Director of Information Security Operations. You are an independent creative thinker who is comfortable being judged on their output. Continuous knowledge acquisition and a thirst to understand the product we build are essential requirements for this role.
- Design, implement, and support load balancer and reverse proxy configurations using the NGINX platform
- Act as a technical lead with a solid understanding of network infrastructure and the ability to investigate at the packet level to troubleshoot PC, server, storage, and application issues
- Participate or lead in priority type incidents by actively participating in troubleshooting calls
- Provide regular status updates to peers and management
- Translate complex technical issues into layman's terms to provide executive updates
- Plan, design, implement, monitor, and maintain the operational health of network and communication services throughout all environments including but not limited to:
- Load balancing, application delivery, content distribution, and traffic management for web applications on-prem and in the cloud
- Routing, switching, and firewalls
- Wired and wireless access
- Remote access and site-to-site VPNs
- Virtualized infrastructure
- Network monitoring, logging, capture, analysis, and reporting
- Install, configure, and support networking and security equipment from a wide range of industry-leading vendors such as Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, and Radware
- Interface with other IT leaders as the expert networking resource to assess, recommend, project plan, and implement network solutions in support of business initiatives
- Proactively monitor and report on overall network service performance and take action to correct deficiencies in monitoring and controlling the quality of individual network services
- Create and maintain technical documentation including network design diagrams, operational procedures, knowledgebase documents, disaster recovery plans, and training documentation
- Present technical designs, solutions, network health, and purchase proposals to an audience of varying technical knowledge
- Act as the project lead for complex network engineering initiatives
- 7 or more years of network engineering experience
- Experience in using orchestration, integration, and automation frameworks to improve operational efficiency by eliminating repetitive day-to-day tasks
- Deep understanding of networking ecosystems: Layer 1 (optical), Layer 2 (MAC learning and flooding, BUM), Layer 3 OSPF/BGP, Linux NGINX (LB-RP)
- Experienced system/network administrator with admin-level knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
- Excellent attention to detail and debugging skills
- Advanced level of knowledge in web technologies (e.g., HTTPS, DNS, TCP, TLS/SSL)
- Expert Cisco networking skills (LAN/WAN/Nexus)
- Strong knowledge of routed/routing protocols: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VRFs, VPNs
- Knowledge of cloud network services (Azure)
- Monitor and drive upgrades, patching, and life cycle management to ensure audit compliance
- Have a high degree of self-sufficiency, ownership, and pride of deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially with diagrams and technical documentation
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, PCNSA, and PCNSE a plus
We’re not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses. Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, we’re here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.